To my family

Life is made of special moments, here are some of mine...
Milena.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

My first time in Africa

I finally had some time today (while watching the Super bowl) to update my blog.
It took me a long time to get back to my routine.
Have you ever needed a vacation of your vacation?
After visiting 8 countries, having 14 flights, being 10 days in a ship
and walking all over it is exactly the way I felt when I got home.
It was hard to be away for 18 days and come home right back to my activities.
I just wanted to lay down and sleep for days...
My mom in law was awesome again, she took care of the kids and I am so
thankful that she is so nice to me.
When I got home: the girls were happy and had tears in their eyes, Isaac was crying for something
that went wrong while being in the car waiting for us and Sam didn't want nothing to do
with me! When I picked him up, he started crying really hard and trying to get back to grandma's
arms calling her "mom"!! It was overwhelming for me but it took him one day to love me again since 
I was the lady that was changing his diapers and especially feeding him .


You have to be proud of me! That is the luggage that I took all over and used for 18 days. How I fitted 5 coats, 3 pairs of boots, makeup, scarves, pants, tops, thermal underwear, hand warmers, tons of socks, etc... inside of these two little carry-ons I will never know. It worked and I had enough clothes for the cold weather that I had. It was not even that cold but since living in Hawaii, 60 degrees is freezing for me. I had at least three layers on my body everyday of our trip.
Our first stop: Casablanca - Morocco  (January 5th and 6th)
Here is my first "hijab" to cover my hair while being in the Mosque. Since it was cold, I wore the whole time...

The number one site in Casablanca is the "Hassan II Mosque"
It is a gorgeous building and a must see while visiting the capital.


The little kids on the "Old Medina" kept speaking french with me, since I do not
speak the language I had to ask David to translate everything.
It was great to see how he still remembers how to speak it and can keep us safe
and take us where we need to go without being lost.


Pretty crazy bed in our hotel room huh? It was way Moroccan style :)

Inside of the mosque

It is legal for them to smoke "shisha" in these pipes. I really do not know
what kind of drug it is but it does not look good anyway.

Loved:
1- Hassen II Mosque
2- The happy and friendly people.
3- Cheap prices.

Didn't love:
1- Dirt streets.
2-Crazy taxi drivers.

1 comment:

Angélica Maia said...

Olha, que demais viu!!! Pode ter sido cansativo quando vc voltou com as criancas chateadas porque vc estava fora, mas ainda bem que vc tem uma sogra super gente boa que cuidou tao bem deles. Que demais! Estou impressionada com o tamanho das suas malas e com o tanto que vc esta bonita e super chique em todas as suas fotos! Nao tem geito... a pessoa tem que ser chique de natureza pra saber fazer isso... amei a scarf na cabeca! Super chique! E que demais poder ver pessoas diferentes em seus lugares e ter uma outra visao do que a sua realidade de todos os dias. Muito legal viu! Um sonhoooooo uma viagem como essa!

In my family...

We may not have it all together but together we have it all...